Friday 1 November 2013

Phill Most Chill - Phill Most Chill 'All Cuts Recorded Raw & Most Of My Heroes Don't Appear On No Stamp Mix






In Effect Recordings and Diggers With Gratitude are proud to finally release a full 14 track album by PHILL MOST CHILL entitled "ALL CUTS RECORDED RAW" (all tracks recorded in 1987-89 era). This will be released as a double vinyl gatefold sleeve package and CD in late June 2011.
This is the tracklisting for the Phill Most Chill 'All Cuts Recorded Raw' vinyl album: the CD is slightly different!
Multi talented Phill has previously collaborated with DWG on the highly sought after "BE INTELLIGENT EP" (DWG001) and the Paul Nice "NEVA STOP DIGGIN" 7" (DWG7004)... "ALL CUTS RECORDED RAW" is the album you have been waiting for, don't sleep!
Available from: phillmostchill.bigcartel.com



"When my album "All Cuts Recorded Raw" (unreleased songs from the late 80's) was put out on DWG Records in 2011, one of the questions I was asked was "wow, so why didn't you 'make it' back then?" This mix is pretty much the answer. The emcees you hear on this mix are some of the greatest in Hip Hop history- KRS One, Chuck D, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Slick Rick, Biz Markie, LL Cool J, Run DMC. They were so incredible that I didn't want to even release any of my songs unless I felt I could do as good or better than them. They showed me what a dope Hip Hop record is supposed to sound like. But my biggest inspirations were the pioneers of Hip Hop, represented on this mix by the Cold Crush Bros, and GM Flash & The Furious 5. Directly or indirectly, crews like them are the ULTIMATE inspiration and influence for every person that is a part of Hip Hop music. This mix features some of the rarest and / or most underappreciated joints by my Hip Hop heroes. Thanks to Jorun Bombay for the ill remixes!" - Phill Most Chill

No comments: